lockscreen and splash screen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:59:21 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 27 September 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> > uhm, this would kill the splash screen tough? lock window would end up
> > over the splash one?
>
> what I have in mind is to ensure that the splash screen goes above the
> screen locker. Or better said: to suspend the screen locker effect as long
> as there is the splash screen (but I have to think that through properly
> as disabling would allow an attack vector on the lockscreen).

ok, so let's say PA2 :p
if possible i would keep the patch as is for pa1 (yeah it still even have
unlock with spacebar ;)
anyways atm the screen locker is not marketed as a security feature at all, is
purely for avoiding to touch stuff by mistake when the tablet is in a purse

for now let's boot in unlocked mode

another temporary way would be to put in autostart a command that locks trough
dbus, but seems quite too much ugly ;)

> > > Just use it as a blank screensaver. It should trigger this screensaver
> > > (calling the dbus method lock() on org.freedesktop.screensaver starts
> > > the lock), but I have not tested this yet (who needs screensavers?).
> >
> > ok, will try what happens with the empty screensaver ;)

uhm, seems to insist to start actually the blank screensaver even if the
exposed dbus interface is the kwin one