remove or keep the activity view in the window list

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Sep 23 11:30:22 UTC 2011

On Friday 23 September 2011 11:35:10 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2011 10:17:09 Marco Martin wrote:
> > while i still disagree a lot with the existence of that button, i can
> > see
> > its need as a shortcut, but i feel removing the activity view from the
> > window strip is working against to all we discussed about workflows
>
> so in your thinking, anything that the user can see (at least as a
> full-screen UI) should be visible in the window strip .. i can see the
> logic in that. it does mean we have more than one way to get to the
> activity view, but that's probably not a horrible thing.
>
> ok, let's run with it as-is for now and i'll play a bit today with how the
> activity view is presented in the listing.

I'd also vote for keeping the homescreen in the window strip (or what was the
official word for it? We definitely need to get our glossary written down
soon!), for the reasons Marco mentioned: The homescreen should not feel like
something different from applications (even more so the more we'll be moving
away from the application concept in general).

Another thing: I'd really like to see the ability to switch back to the last
window shown when pressing the homescreen-button to the right of the bar again
after switching to the homescreen. Being able to switch back and forth between
homescreen and application easily would be pretty nice imo.