[kde-promo] Active 1.0 on KDE anniversary?

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:02:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, September 19, 2011 04:30:39 PM Carl Symons wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas
>>
>> <terietor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > In this blog
>> > post, http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2011/03/fun-in-banging-our-heads-togethe
>> > r.html Aaron said that the release of active one will be one October 9.I
>> > don't know if this is still valid.
>> > --
>> > Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos (terietor)
>> > KDE Developer
>> >
>> > terietor.gr
>>
>> aseigo made that prediction in March 2011. Changing the date from 9
>> October to 14 October to celebrate shouldn't be an issue. Five extra
>> days of IRC and bug fixing fun!
>>
>> Carl
> Hi Carl and all,
>
> The release date for Plasma Active was meant to be the 9th October 2011 as in
> 09/10/11
> Maybe that could be changed but it had been announced on all Plasma Active
> docs ...
>
> Let's brainstorm on another way to celebrate!
>
> a fun video about the KDE community? not sure how it could be done though
>
> Anne-Marie

That's a good point, Anne-Marie. Keeping promise dates!

The Plasma-Active release date is the Active team's prerogative. The
Promo team doesn't need to put any pressure for a particular date.
There are other ideas that will work great to celebrate.

There's another kde-promo email thread "15th KDE Birthday", started by
Thomas Thym a couple of days ago. Could we move this "conversation" to
that thread?

Carl