Balsam updates

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 07:55:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've plowed through our Git repos and packages, and updated, merged, cleaned
up and submitted things upstream left and right. Here's an overview of what I
did:

Changes in Git:

- Merged virtual keyboard fixes for konsole and kate into the 4.7 branch,
updated the packages in KDE:Active
- Merged the Plasmaboard fixes from plasma-addons master in the 4.7 branch.
Fixes in the 4.7 branch that weren't in master now are.

Packaging changes for Balsam Active Packages:

- Created new package libkactivities with -devel subpackage.
- Changed kdelibs package to not install libkactivities, consumers need to add
a BuildRequire to libkactivities
- Added dependency on libkactivities to contour, plasma-mobile, share-like-
connect
- When 4.7.2 gets into KDE:Release:47, we can get rid of the plasma-addons and
konsole packages
- I haven't touched calligra yet, need to make sure the virtual keyboard fix
in the TextShape makes it into the beta

- Merged Mesa with latest changes from X11:XOrg, enabled OpenGL-ES, tested
with kwin_gles and submitted merge request. Having this upstream makes it
possible to get rid of a bunch of low-level packages in KDE:Active
- Updated x11-proto-devel from X11:XOrg where necessary, until these can go
away
- When the OpenGL-ES fixes for Mesa are merged

For MeeGo, updating konsole and plasma-addons from 4.7 is fine now as well,
shipping master is not necessary anymore, everything should start magically
working from 4.7.2 (or current KDE/4.7 branches)

I'd like to see the copy of libkactivities merged into 4.7. Having different
versions of an experimental library around is worse than updating an
experimental libary, which has no API/ABI guarantees to begin with. Especially
building kde-workspace should not require an additional package, we've
promised packagers that they won't have to split out before Frameworks 5, if
kde-workspace isn't happy enough with kdelibs/experimental/libkactivities,
we're essentially breaking our promise.

All packages are up to date, build and work on the systems I've tested with.
They should be fine as basis to work on during our sprint.

sebas