ScreenLocker goes KWin

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 20:07:40 UTC 2011

Hello fellow Active Hackers,

today I sat down and implemented most of the functionality required for moving the unlock screen into KWin. You can find the
changes in the branch farhad_hf/lockscreen of kde-workspace repository.

It does:
* screen locking is moved to KWin
* Effects can handle screen locking
* Legacy X ScreenSaver supported if there is no effect
* One simple example effect implemented to illustrate how to use it

For the usage in Plasma Active a new effect should be written using the drag to unlock functionality. I have no idea where I
have to search for that feature, so I suggest someone else should care about ;-) If you need to get mouse events from the
Effect to the unlock widget, just have a look at the Present Windows effect (yes it's ugly and hacky).

If you want to try the branch and lock the screen: Space is the magic key.

More details can be discussed tomorrow late afternoon in Darmstadt.

Cheers
Martin