VideoPlayer

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Sep 16 13:54:21 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:56:14 +0200, Marco Martin wrote:

> quite difficult topic this.
> i hope it will be possible to use bangarang and it could be good
> enough for
> pa1 since for now we still can (and have to) make some exceptions for
> including  apps with an ui not completely touch based, however i
> think on its
> current ui the work to do is a lot, the "just makiing controls a bit
> bigger"
> that he is doing now is good as a first step, but nowhere near
> enough.

 Yes. A desktop UI with bigger controls is not a touch UI. If you want
 to make a touch UI for your application, you have to re-think it
 completely.
 That doesn't mean that this won't happen with Bangarang, though.
 So maybe using it as a default player for Plasma Active may be an
 incentive
 for its author (or some other contributor) to invest the time to
 actually make
 a touch-friendly UI, maybe with our help.