QML splash screen

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 16:27:25 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 11:13:53 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > as for the qml splash, as it won't be used by default on anything but plasma
> > active, and since "not multiscreen" means it will either be stretched over all
>
> IIRC, you and a couple of other ppl wanted to make it default even for
> normal KDE Workspace.
>
> But, yeah, as long as it is only Active, we don't need multiscreen.
>
> Can someone (Aaron, Marco and Martin*) review the branch so that we
> might merge it?
I just had a look at the kwin changes (only saw commit 9fb60932). I don't like that it checks for qt-subapplication, but I fear
there is no other easy solution. The proper solution would be to implement the mentioned todo in the login effect which is
there since before 4.0, so let's keep the hack ;-)

So fine with me.

Cheers
Martin