network plasmoid for MeeGo

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 06:13:43 UTC 2011

On Monday 05 September 2011 23:06:46 Marco Martin wrote:
> I still think the realsolution(tm) will be a dataengine that with the same
> api can manage both networkmanager and connman, but for PA1 should be good
> enough

Well, the right solution would be a connman backend for solid's network
management infrastructure (either at the kded module level, or the remains of
libsolidcontrol, I prefer the former). That's necessary (among other things)
to get other apps to have the proper connected state updated. The dataengine
would only solve the shell needs.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net