getting images together for 1.0

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 15:47:26 UTC 2011

On Friday 02 September 2011 17:18:49 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, September 2, 2011 13:23:10 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > That would work as well, but feels like a separate application for launching
> > a webbrowser from bookmarks. Not overly elegant. :)
>
> something that occurred to me (and was alluded to in that email) is that the
> active webbrowser is QML, right? and the web thumbnails view is QML, right?
> could the browser start with that view when launched without a URL to open? i
> wonder how that would "feel"...
Experience from using the tablet this week at a conference with unstable wireless: loading a heavy page like the
current one (or any other modern page) is terrible. It takes about one to two minutes with just a white background
and basically nothing happening and takes away the valuable wireless ressources.

So having a startpage which does not require wireless is a clear +1

Cheers
Martin