javascript API for setting up interface defaults

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 1 14:33:42 UTC 2011

On Thursday, September 1, 2011 00:14:46 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> The same might be useful for having Recommendations at first start, and

that's a very good point. i'll add that to the requirements...

> scripted templates for new activities.

yes, this ends up coming nearly for free with these javascript bits. could be
a very nice addition for PA2

> Why not re-use the scripting pieces from workspace? Putting them in a shared

the re-usable code tends to end up being a smaller % of the total, and its
code that literally never changes. the rest of the code is far easier to do
"one-off" implementations of rather than trying to make it ever more generic
which only makes the code ever more complex.

thus far, every time i've done one of these, i've written the JS runtime stuff
once and then only ever come back to add features specific to the target
shell.

iow, it's less devel time and we don't get the overhead of yet another shared
lib.

humru othro a kohnu se