RFC browser: URL bar, bounce effect, performance

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Oct 28 11:32:38 UTC 2011

Let me reiterate the reasons why we decided to do our own browser:

There's no good, Free, touch-friendly alternative for us. Fennec for example
is still very young

On Thursday, October 27, 2011 19:20:34 Marco Martin wrote:
> the biggest thing that we would lose are:
> * central bookmarks
> * SLC integration
> * any possibility to do recommendations based on sites visited

* Cookie sharing across
* Shared verification of SSL certificates
* Bookmark integration with the shell
* system-wide proxy settings
* UI consistency with the rest of the shell

The list goes on like this.

We looked at alternatives some time ago, but the work any other browser needed
is not a lot less. Also, having our own browser makes it possible to integrate
this really central application in our UX as well as possible. I still think
it's the right decision, but more manpower on the browser would surely not
hurt.
--
sebas