RFC: remove bookmarks in the "add resources" window

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.de
Fri Oct 28 08:34:43 UTC 2011

Am 27.10.2011 19:28, schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Thursday 27 October 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 27, 2011 17:22:32 Fania Bremmer wrote:
>>> ** Proposed Change **
>>> Remove the category bookmarks in the "add resources" window.
>> this feels uncomfortable because "everything else is in add" .. but i think
>> you're right and it should go from "add resoureces" (easy enough to add
>> back later on if needed in any case)
> uhm, then if you unconnect a bookmark how to add it back?
>
> apart from remembering the exact url, enter it in the webbrowser to be able to
> use the slc menu again

exactly... for me the whole idea in our system is about making it easy
to do things...
We dont need cancel buttons. If I changed to the wrong wallpaper, hey, I
just touch the settings icon again and set the nicer one instead... If I
unintentionally deleted my bookmark, well, then its quite easy to open
the browser, search the site and add it again via SLC.  And how often do
you delete bookmarks by mistake? And how often do you really not
remember the URL any more?

I would like to introduce the UI pattern: change things by touching it,
and bang its stored -> if you did something wrong just redo your action
and youre fine. No cancel buttons, no save buttons, just easy
interaction flows.