widget style

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Thu Oct 27 23:34:11 UTC 2011

On Dienstag 25 Oktober 2011 12:38:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> * the different plasma form factors (desktop, netbook, tablet, ...) should
> look like they belong together. the more different these elements are
> between devices, the more that effect is eroded. so, e.g., if we have more
> rectangular buttons on the desktop, let's track that direction on the
> tablet

Well, I too agree that consistency is important but there is also another kind of
consistency that may (or may not – depending on own judgement) be more important.
Since I own my Android smartphone, I notice again and again that string input fields of
many mobile pages (eg. the search field of https://m.facebook.com/ ) are rounded to match
the style of iOS. If Active had rounded string boxes, those mobile web sites and Active
together would be consistent.

OTOH rounded widgets use more screen space which may not be desirable.