Feedback from DevDays

Stefan Werden swer at open-slx.com
Thu Oct 27 16:19:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:28:05 +0200, Fania Bremmer wrote:
> So, the Qt DevDays are over and I came back with a lot of user
> feedback, impressions and lots of applause. In general most people
> have been really amazed, what has been achieved with Plasma Active
> over the last few months.
>
> A lot of people saw and tested it some months ago and were impressed
> how far we got for PA1. A lot just heard from it by other people and
> dropped by the booth to see it themselves. So not only KDE people,
> but
> also business people and private person showed interest for the
> project.
I attend the last two days. I was really impressive what the "first
contact" with Plasma Active made with people!
99% just smiled and were very positive. A lot of them could not believe
something like Plasma Active is availible and as part of KDE :)

I also felt something like a "shift in the perception of Plasma
Active". I feels complete for most of them and it was directly compared
with Apple and Android, but these projects came out years earlier. So
the visitors are seeing Plasma Active ONE in a direct line with them.
THIS much more than I ever expected!

So most of the feedback just jumped over the questions, if Plasma
Active is usable or not. People just went to details and wishes. I like
to thank Fania to pic up all the arguments and I thank here very much
presenting Plasma Active and explaining it in a way probably one few
people can.