RFC browser: URL bar, bounce effect, performance

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.de
Thu Oct 27 14:54:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

here my collection of RFCs for the browser. May I ask why we are
creating our own active browser from the scratch? Is there no well
suitable browser out there, that we can adapt to touch? I have the
feeling that we are having lots of work to do to make the current active
browser better usable... But just my 2 cents.

I dont know about "Implementations details" so I leave this section empty.

RFC1:
** Proposed Change **
leave the URL bar in the active browser on top and visible all the time
while scrolling down

** Reason For Change **
users want to change quickly the url (as we dont have tabs currently) to
move to other websites and its irritating if the whole URL bar moves up
and dissappears

RFC2:
** Proposed Change **
Improve the loading speed for websites to 3 sec max for displaying it.

** Reason For Change **
Currently it takes over 10 seconds to load a common webpage in the
active webbrowser. Thats way too long.

RFC3:
** Proposed Change **
If scrolling a website to its end, it should be indicated by a small
bounce of the content - not shaking the whole interface browser
background to white background and bouncing back.

** Reason For Change **
The current bounce effect while scrolling a website to its end is
irritating and looks like a bug, because the "white background" is
visible. Can we do a more reduces animation to show, that the scroll is
at its end?

RFC4:
** Proposed Change **
The zoom gesture should scale exactly into the position where the two fingers are put on the screen.

** Reason For Change **
Currently the interface of the browser zooms at a point on the left of the tablet, not really in the middle of the two fingers of the user. So the wrong content gets zoomed out, but some position to the next.

RFC5:
** Proposed Change **
Add tabs to Browser.

** Reason For Change **
Its just more handy and a tablet is real surf-device... so I guess every user is somehow a internet surfer poweruser. To be limited to one tab in the year 2011 doesnt feel innovative.

RFC6:
** Proposed Change **
Put the reload button in front of the URL or move SLC icons.

** Reason For Change **
The reload buttons is way to close to shareLikeConnect Icons. I always hit both at the same time.