RFC: add Pictures to to wallpaper list

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.de
Thu Oct 27 12:59:45 UTC 2011

Am 27.10.2011 14:16, schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Wednesday 26 October 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> ** Proposed Change **
>> Include images in the user's Pictures folder to the list of available
>> wallpapers in the Activity configuration.
>>
>> ** Reason For Change **
>> Makes it easy to set a wallpaper based on something the user has downloaded
>> or otherwise put on the tablet.
>>
>> ** Implementation Details **
>> - user's Picture entries should appear after ones in the standard Wallpaper
>> directory
> +100, was on my todo list even if not exactly with an high priority :p
>
> implementation wise
> not sure how to do it, means combining two models in one, the Package based
> for system ones and the nepomuk one for the user pictures.
> maybe a proxymodel that concatenates the two would be quite simple

Yipieh, wait for this also quite a long time - would be cool to have it!
But what If a user has thousands of pics on his device (very common
usecase after 2 or 3 travels with a digi cam :)....
- chunk them up in pages? Could be still loading a lot of time....
- search for them? but my images mostly have some cryptic numbers like
IMG_021588...
- display the latest uploaded images on the first page? would be somehow
more inteligent...

Ideas?