Tasks for Google Code-In

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Oct 27 08:45:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Lydia Pintscher asked me if we could come up with UI design or UX research
tasks
for Plasma Active for Google Code-In ( see
http://blog.lydiapintscher.de/2011/10/17/i-need-your-ideas-for-google-code
-in/
for details). These tasks are supposed to be rather small and doable by
high-school
students.
Here are some that came to my mind:
- Identify KDE applications that would be especially useful on a mobile
device and
identify what would need to be done to make them touch-friendly
- Identify what would need to be done to make non-Active apps currently
shipped
with PA (e.g. Okular, Bangarang) more touch-friendly
- Extract interaction patterns from the shell as well as current Active
apps to add to
our - yet to be created - Interaction Pattern Library
- Further expand our FAQ
- Create additional usage scenarios for Plasma Active

What do you think of those? Which ones should go in, which should not?
Additional suggestions?

Is anyone willing to mentor any of those tasks?

Regards,
Thomas