Recommendations workflow

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Oct 17 11:01:01 UTC 2011

> The contextual file (resource) browser is in plans, but I don't think
> we'll be able to do it before PA3 or something.

We still have not settled if we'll do it for PA2 or PA3, but it definitely
is high priority to have at least a minimal file/resource browser,
which will definitely be contextual in that it will be completely
nepomuk-based instead of file system based. The user won't have
to care about where in the file system a file is located, only what
semantic properties it has (tags, any sort of metadata). We're planning
to hide the file system form novice / regular users completely.

This is also one point where recommendations make sense:
Having an "Intelligent 'Recent Documents' function" that does not
just show the last X docuements opened, but instead the X documents
most relevant to the user's current task and context.