Plasma Active on Mer

martin brook martin.brook100 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:30:26 UTC 2011

Lists Hi,

I've been doing some work to get Plasma Active from your Trunk:Testing
project to build against Mer on COBS which I though may be of interest to
people on the lists

My Plasma branch is at
https://build.pub.meego.com/project/show?project=home%3Avgrade%3Abranches%3AProject%3AKDE%3ATrunk%3ATesting

You can find an image for Exopc, kickstart, and various log files here
http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/

http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/xsession-errors
http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/messages
http://bug10738.openaos.org/images/exopc/mer-plasma/Xorg.0.log

The first run animated application runs with the swirling segments but as
you will see from the logs the plasma-device seg faults.  If you leave the
device the screen saver shows up and you can unlock normally.

Remember when analysing the logs Mer comprises of packages which were pulled
up from MeeGo.com:Trunk:Testing (I don't think Plasm Active is building
against that on OBS at the moment) and that we have Qt 4.8 Beta in Mer.

I would welcome a discussion on where we go from this point with regards to
getting plasma-active up.

Regards

vgrade