first press article

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 11 20:24:09 UTC 2011

On Di, 2011-10-11 at 21:13 +0200, Marco Martin wrote:
> another one (and seems he actually tested it):
>
> http://www.datamation.com/open-source/kdes-plasma-active-tops-gnome-3-and-
> unity-1.html
>
> Bruce always been favourable to us, but this time seems really entusiastic ;)

Really cool one :) And there we can see the difference between someone
just judging the book by its cover and someone who actually read it.

One thing that struck me in the article:
Why are the recommendations available in the Balsam image?
I thought we had agreed not to show the recommendations in general
because they were not deemed ready yet, but obviously this was only
agreed between the basyskom people. This is of course confusing for
users as well, because they don't know the recommendations were
deliberately deactivated on the meego image.
I think we need to communicate the difference somehow, because otherwise
people who have the Balsam image will talk about a feature the Meego
people don't have and they will think the Meego image is just incomplete
(which the above author thinks as well: "...the MeeGo edition seems to
have been built with one or two features missing.").