INFO: New MeeGo Plasma Active "Testing" Live Image is Available

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:05:56 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 11 October 2011, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

> will I be able to update this image? If so, are there so bugfixes for
> Plasma Active One (which I would prefer in order to demo it)  or will it
> be only devel leading to Plasma Active Two?
> For example Active Browser acts weird with Google mail, it sorts of freezes
> and I can't use the scrollbar (can't this scroll bar be killed and the
> wrowser just allow touch scrolling?)

this is  areally ugly problem (which i don't know the solution, without
atarting to inject javascript to mess with the webpages, that honestly i would
like to avoid ;):

basically gmail doesn't use the "real" scrollbar, but uses a div fixed to the
size of the whole window, that has the "overflow: scroll" property.

in a normal situation, the webview item is as big as the page, and it gets
completely moved by the flickable.

in this case the flickable can't do anything because the webview item is
small, is the contents of one of its divs that are supposed to scroll.

any idea for a proper solution to this would be appreciated ;)