Unlocking for Plasma Active 2

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Oct 8 12:31:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just wanted to outline some ideas for the screen unlocking experience in
Plasma Active 2.

In general I want to get the unlocker secure by using a KGreeterPlugin. My
KWin screenlocker effect now uses KGreeterPlugins to do the authentication so
we need to change the existing active locker anyway.

>From UI I would like to have a nice QML using dots to connect:

 0-0-0
 |   |   |
 0-0-0
 |   |   |
 0-0-0

each of the circles corresponds to a digit from 1-9. So connecting the circles
results in a number like 78963 (top left to top right to bottom right). This
could be used as the password and we can use the normal PAM authentication for
it.

So what do you think?

Cheers
Martin