Release Checklist Plasma Active One

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 4 16:02:29 UTC 2011

On Di, 2011-10-04 at 13:20 +0200, Fania Bremmer wrote:
> Here is my update for the list...
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > In order to have our first release going smoothly, here's an overview of
> > material needed, and what we still need. I've attached names to the items, if
> > you don't feel responsible for an item with your name, shout.
> >
> > If you are responsible for an item, please give us a status update, and what
> > your plans are.
> >

> > Release Engineering (Javier):
> > ------------------------------
> > - tarballs of
> > 	* plasma-mobile
> > 	* share-like-connect
> > 	* kactivities
> > 	* declarative-plasmoids
> > 	* kde-artwork-active
> > - patches that apply cleanly to 4.7.2 for
> > 	* kdelibs
> > 	* kde-workspace
> > 	* kde-runtime
> > - Installation instructions for these packages
> > - Images with instructions how to run / install
> >
> > Communication:
> > ---------------
> > - website at plasma-active.org (domain reg'ed)
>      * hosting: aaron
> > 	* text (Carl?)
> > 	* graphics (fania)
> > - announcement text for
> > 	* www.kde.org and (aseigo)
> > 	* dot.kde.org	(aseigo)
> > - screenshots / media along with texts: Screenshots (Fania), intro video (Fania, Javier)
> > - intro video to include with packages / image
> > - reviewer's guide (sebas)
> > - list of recipients (sebas)
> Blogs, articles: each one will blog about his perspective (so we will
> have integration, development, UID and strategy views) -> this and next
> week

As I promised Fania during the sprint, I will start a Beginner's FAQ. We
thought the Wiki would be the best place for this (we would then place a
bookmark of it on the introduction activity.
I have created a stub on http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Info/FAQ
and linked to it from the Info page. I will try to get as many questions
and answers on there as I can this week.
Of course you're invited to add stuff that comes to your mind as well.