[plasma-mobile/sebas/firstrun] shell/firstrun: make it somehow work

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:52:23 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 04 October 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Git commit 93e636c7509c0893f8f1c1f374637b60ec428b4f by Sebastian Kügler.
> Committed on 04/10/2011 at 01:34.
> Pushed by sebas into branch 'sebas/firstrun'.
>
> make it somehow work
>
> We have a binary /usr/bin/active-firstrun which waits for a bit, then
> reads the configured activities, which are created on first start of
> plasma-device. For preconfigured activities (chosen by name!), we add a
> few bookmarks and apps on activity screen. This needs to cleaned this
> list up with fania's specs, btw).
>
> Caveats:
> - waits for 60 seconds right now in order to have nepomuk start up,
>   otherwise soprano can't find the server

you can take a look in the metadata engine, where is checked for the nepomuk
dbus service to come up. i did add a new function in the nepomuk api for that,
but wasn't backported to 4.7 since was a bit invasive

> - after first run, bookmarks and apps appear on all activities. this
>   seems to 'fix itself' after restarting plasma-device. Maybe the
>   activityscreen doesn't pay close enough attention when bookmarks / apps
>   are added?

here is strange that creating the activities with vacabulary::kext didn't
help.

what i think it happens is the sparql query being generated with a non
existent resource as the activity, in this case becomes a wildchar and the
query matches with everything that has isrelated with something

> - For bookmarks, we don't get previews: bookmarks are likely to be added
>   by active-firstrun before the network is up. Should probably show a
>   suitable icon in that case and update the preview later on.

ok, so something like the picture delegate should be done, it shows the mime
icon until the preview is loaded

anyways, do we still try to make this work for pa1 or we go for the db copy?