Some of the things needed for 1.0

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:38:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 30 September 2011, Fania Bremmer wrote:
>> I wouldn't do that currently. Contour is not Plasma Active. Eva also
>> would like to stick to the Orange Idea, not the Globe-Idea... And the
>> Logo is a Brand for the whole product, that is about to start after the
>> splash screen.
>>
>> We dont have an Active Logo yet, still I am trying to find people who
>> could produce one.
>> Whoever likes to make a suggestion: please, grab your crayons and
>> propose a Plasma Active logo :)
>
> a (rough) idea could be this one.
>
> of course the colored version has nowhere the quality needed to be acceptable,
> but i think the monochrome one could kinda work (this frontal section could be
> the only one that is still recognizable with a single color), maybe just half
> of it would be even better
>
> another idea for a color one is to completely ditch the idea of actually
> represent a photorealistic-ish orange and color the slices of different colors
> (of which one then can find an on demand deep and philosophical meaning :p)
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

I like the orange one. Black&white not so much...without the orange
cross section, it is doesn't say much. If the sections are colored, it
takes on

The orange shape doesn't need to be a photorealistic orange. Elements
in that image work well--the orange colors and the wedges are
reminiscent of the fruit. The different colored outer layers suggest
an orange fruit. Wheel shape for active. Wedges are connected, yet
joined. A zoomed view of orange segment shows more connections and
cells, _clouded_ here and there randomly, possibly fractal.

Those elements could be retained even while making the logo less like
an actual orange.

Carl