Some of the things needed for 1.0

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Sun Oct 2 11:49:07 UTC 2011

On Sonntag 02 Oktober 2011 11:09:42 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > calligra-suite.org describes Calligra Active as document viewer.
>
> It is an editor as well, as you can see it in the screencast:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MADKdbN8nyY

You're confusing Calligra Mobile with Calligra Active.
That said, even CM's editing capabilities are very limited. Okular has limited editing
capabilities as well. Open a PDF and press F6 in the desktop version to see for yourself.
Both CM's and Okular's editing modes have to be enabled first. In Okular it's F6 in CM
it's that pencil button you see in that video.
By default both are viewers.

From a usability standpoint it's better to view all files in one application. With 2 apps
even if the GUIs are designed to be similar, they won't be the same and probably diverge
over time.

It's bad enough that on desktops Okuar is used as image viewer for some types and Gwenview
for others: Okular for GIMP and TIFF images, Gwenview for JPEGs etc.
Shouldn't all images be treated the same?
I think yes and for documents it's the same. There's no point arbitrary treating documents
differently just because one is a PDF presentation and one is a ODP presentation.