Some of the things needed for 1.0

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 1 09:32:37 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 30, 2011 16:48:38 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Maurice de la Ferté
>
> The same for me - Čukić
>

> p.s. Since you mentioned dolphin... for post PAn we'll need touch versions
> of: - dolphin
>   - okular
>   - bangarang

+1!

the good news is that all of these apps are very close to "being there"
already. okular in particular is so close to being a great e-reader, it's just
needs some bits of love applied to the existing user interface and we'll be
good.

we'll need a checklist for these apps so we can see if we have hit our goals.
things like:

* common file listing UI based on Nepomuk (with file manager dialog only as a
fallback)

* no menubar

* no popup dialogs (everything in-interface where needed)

* activity aware

etc...

i'd love to have a KDE e.V. sponsored developer sprint for these applications
where we get 1-2 people for each app plus the awesome Plasma Active designers
/ developers and whip these apps into shape. i'll try to make this happen when
i'm back from my trip later this month ...

humru othro a kohnu se