Startactive

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Nov 30 14:47:14 UTC 2011

Em Thursday 24 November 2011, Ivan Cukic escreveu:
> > well, can we start by figuring out why klauncher is failing (logs should
> > be very interesting as the kDebug in there looks pretty extensive)?
>
> It isn't failing... at least according to the debug output - reports all
> apps are 'up and running' - it even reports the pid of those, but those
> are dead.
>
> Ok, spending a couple more hours on this...

	I am trying to debug this problem and have some questions. There is no
lnusertemp.module file in /usr/share/kde4/apps/startactive/modules yet
kdeinit.module lists it as dependency. The files
lnusertemp-{cache,socket,tmp}.module exist in the modules directory, but they
are not being called anywhere. Is this a bug or were they disabled by
intention?

	Another question: nepomuk is a dependency of kdeinit.module and I think
because of that nepomuk module is running klauncher before kcminit does. Maybe
that is causing a conflict or at least a delay in kcminit module. See the
attached log file that there are some messages "Waiting for already running
klauncher to exit."

	In the same log file something called MGConfItem is trying to launch
gconftool-2. May that is something to do with connman. I think that is causing
dbus-daemon to run before startactive launches it.

	There are programs in /etc/xdg/autostart that I think are not necessary:

. syncevo-dbus-server.desktop: does kontact mobile use it?
. tracker-strore.desktop and tracker-miner-fs.desktop: I think those are the
Gnome equivalent to strigit, right? Is it really necessary to start them on
logging in?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer