Planning Release Plasma Active Two

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.com
Tue Nov 29 11:28:26 UTC 2011

Hi there,

As we are approaching our deadline 13/12/11 as our release target date,
I would like to start talking about the tasks and the responsibilities
for them.

I generated a list from the tasks of the last release, yet without names
on it. Please read through the task list carefully, if anything is
missing please copy the whole list and add your items.

If you would like to help and join preparing the release: please write
your name next to the task. Who will be the official Release Manager of
PA Two? We should discuss the whole planning in the next telco for the
latest.

*
Tasks Release Plasma Active Two*

Integration

  - tarballs of
     * plasma-mobile
     * share-like-connect
     * kactivities
     * declarative-plasmoids
     * kde-artwork-active
  - patches that apply cleanly to 4.7.2 for
      * kdelibs
      * kde-workspace
      * kde-runtime
- Update of installation instructions
- Images with instructions how to run / install
- How will PA One users get the update information and a possibility to install the update?

Communication:
---------------------------------
  - Update website at plasma-active.org
	* text
	* screenshots
	* video

- announcement text for
	* www.kde.org
	* dot.kde.org

  - screenshots / media along with texts: Screenshots, video
  - Update intro video to include with packages / image
  - Update wiki: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active
	* Update Beginner's FAQ
	* Release Notes for PA2
	* Devices
	* Key Features
	* which pages also?
  - reviewer's guide, press kit
  - list of recipients: press channels etc

Message
  - in which channels do we want to communicate?
  - what are the main, new features, we want to proclaim?
	- recommendations
	- performance improvement
	- cross device, cross plattform: running on tegra2, archos, N950...
	- .... etc

Greetings,
Fania