Startactive

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Fri Nov 25 00:02:05 UTC 2011

On Donnerstag 24 November 2011 18:15:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > Now that the dust has settled, why not think about merging KPA back into
> > master
>
> it already is :)

Marco's blog post about the screen locker not being ripe for 4.8 tells otherwise.

> a) this will not work for people putting out devices and they'll just
> ignore the release cycles anyways.

Do you mean vendors or individuals who install KPA on their Windows tablet?

> b) it would resolve our perenial "we have to have a patch to kde-workspace
> / kderuntime / kdelibs" challenge

And we translators can finally actually work on KPA…

> c) the rather long freeze cycles of the SC may not be well suited to PA
Android doesn't have a rapid release cycle.

> i don't think (b) will ever really go away until workspace and libs are
> "done" enough for PA (not even sure what that would mean tbh :)

It better go away for those people who use convertibles. Would be nice to see automatic
switching between Desktop mode and Active/Contour…

> anyways.. these are all discussions for post-PA2.

Won't KPA2 ship in December? If yes, it's not so far away. I don't see what difference a
handful of weeks make…