Startactive

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 17:18:10 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 24, 2011 17:46:52 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Donnerstag 24 November 2011 16:08:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 24, 2011 15:17:00 ivan.cukic at gmail.com wrote:
> > > - sa is not tested enough
> >
> > this begs the question: how do we test it if not during a development
> > cycle?
>
> Ship it but not enable it by default.

that won't improve the situation. this is not an option you can click on and
off in a dialog. it's one of those process that starts right early and it is
either "it works, great" or "it doesn't work and everything is screwed up".

any useful work on stabilizing startactive requires the ability to iterate
between testing and patching and being willing to put with a device that
sometimes doesn't work.

humru othro a kohnu se