active boot time traces, some time later..

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:33:58 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> given that I broke my PA installation by having the great idea of updating
> to openSUSE 12.1 I could give meego a try again and look myself.
>
> But I fear that the issue is that the Intel graphics are just not capable
> of doing OpenGL 2 decently. There is a reason why we default to OpenGL 1
> for Intel on the desktop... I know we have one slow code path in the
> fragment shader which doesn't matter on decent hardware, but might matter
> on not so good hardware. The slow code path is an if-statement in the
> fragment shader. Yes a simple branch which is evaluated to false most of
> the time.

removing that if it gets a *lot* better, but still slow managing input events
with the touchscreen

and only with the touchscreen as odd it can seem, and there are other
touchscreen specific bugs that happens only on meego that make the on screen
keyboard quite tricky to use.

> > ..or find a way to enable again compositing with xrender
>
> that's trivial: open kde-workspace/kwin/CMakeLists.txt read through the
> first few lines and change an OFF to ON :-)

yep, re enabler xrender and this can indeed be the plan b, it runs so much
faster that isn't even funny (and there no difference between touchscreen and
mouse).