active boot time traces, some time later..

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 17:55:55 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 18:21:14 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i could add these two atoms very easily to plasma-device for you... i know
> > that's the trivial part, but hey .. every little bit helps, right? ;)
> >
> > given the performance implications of this, i think we sould try and push
> > for it to be in PA2. it's an important part of the user experience.
>
> agree... if we have an usable kwin with composite again :/

if opengl es is a non-starter on the intel targets, then we simply build with
the old code path which is still there, no? as Martin notes, this is a simple
editing of the CMakeLists.txt file.

in fact, for the exo pc tablets, it was already running just fine with the
traditional opengl implementation. it's really the more mobile focused
chipsets, e.g. arm ones, that are more likely to benefit .. and even then only
when we have opengles drivers for the device.

thoughts?

humru othro a kohnu se