startactive, setting environment variables

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:32:33 UTC 2011

On Monday 21 November 2011, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > about dependencies, there is klauncher that has to be killed and
> > re-launched to actually work. so i guess there is something wrong in its
> > dependencies.
> >
> > i see kdeinit depends on nepomuk, lnusertemp
> > wait=end (what does this mean?)
>
> Waits for the process to end :) Since kdeinit can start other stuff
> (like plasma), nepomuk needs to go before.
>
> I want to remove lnusertemp and to say to the packagers 'make user's
> accounts pre-inited' for those.
>
> what is the problem with klauncher? Didn't quite get that one.

after investigating a bit more on that, i seen that almost no interfaces get
registered on dbus, so no nepomuk, no klauncher etc
while all those services are running. so the problems seem to derive from
something going wrong in the dbus startup.

side note, doing init 3/init 5 the restart of the session will be of course
faster sincesomething is already in ram.. and this sometimes makes the startup
go correctly, everything exposed on dbus, krun working again.
so seems definitely a startup order issue. perhaps wait=dbus is not enough?