Changes on build.pub.meego.com related to Project:KDE:xxx projects

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.com
Tue Nov 22 13:15:48 UTC 2011

Hello Mates,

I like give some words about PA on build.pub.meego.com and the collaboration
with the Mer project. Some of you might have been noticed that most of the
packages hosted on build.pub.meego.com do not build anymore against MeeGo.
Well MeeGo is dead and for a while we are already building against Mer.
Please note, the 'MeeGo_1.2_OSS' repository we are still building against
is a unmaintained local binary blob of the related build.meego.com project
(Great thanks to 'lbt' for providing us this blob).

The scope of the Mer project is to build a stable core Linux distribution
and by this many dependencies needed for Plasma Active were missing.
We temporary solved this by creating the Project:KDE:Mer_Extras OBS project
as a place for all needed build dependencies and stuff for what is not inside
Mer. Over the time of weeks the Project:KDE:Mer_Extras grows up to 170 packages
which is INHO to big for a single project. By this the Mer people offered us
help to strip down our PA build dependency tree, we decided to kick all
dependencies just needed for documentation. Great thanks to 'sage' who
striped down the additional build dependencies tree below to 30 packages.

Those additional build dependencies are part of 'CE:UX:PlasmaActive' project
and the 'CE_UX_PlasmaActive_<architecture>' repository inside e.g.
'Project:KDE:Devel' stands for it. In my option now is the time to cleanup
and delete unneeded stuff like outdated build repositories and projects
related to PA. Following stuff I like to delete:

Repositories in Project:KDE:Devel
  - MeeGo_1.1_Core
  - Trunk
  - Trunk_Testing

Repositories in Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing
  - Mer_Extras_armv6l
  - Mer_Extras_armv7hl
  - Mer_Extras_armv7l
  - Mer_Extras_i586

If we need in future additional 'build' dependencies we should add them first
into our Project:KDE:Devel project and after success we should send a
submitrequest for the related package to 'CE:UX:PlasmaActive'.

Cheers

Maurice