gles speed on meego

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Nov 21 18:28:01 UTC 2011

On Monday 21 November 2011 16:08:20 martin brook wrote:
> I noticed that on N950 it was falling back (or never automatically detected
> GLES) to Xrender.
>
> You can use systemssettings and check what is being used.
Just for the record: systemsettings does not show what is used but only what
is configured. There is no way to figure out what is used except for starting
kwin from command line as Thomas explained. I have been working on a DBus call
to query what is used, but forgot to commit...

My personal test is the cube effect - if it works I use OpenGL. To test OpenGL
2 I tend to use either Sphere, Cylinder or Invert effect.

Cheers
Martin