Current problem with Nepomuk / Contour, possible solution: "Fetch"

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Nov 11 13:21:13 UTC 2011

> yes, agreed, from the UI perspective -> integrated.
>
> from the technical side -> it's a different executable process. not that
the
> user ever needs to see that due to the UI integration. (we do that a
fair
> amount in plasma already...)

If it goes unnoticed by the user (which means no noticeable loading time,
no need to close the download manager after the initiating application
is closed etc.), then I don't really care if it's a different process ;)

I'd appreciate if we (or rather you developers :P ) could think about
means
to make it as easy as possible for app developers to integrate
"components"
such as this one into their applications, since we envision them to become

more and more commonplace in the future as we move from applications
to integrated workflows.
Whether they are separate executables or not does not matter much in
that respect either, but they should "feel" integrated for users as well
as developers.

Cheers,
Thomas