Contour daemon and recommendations

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Nov 11 10:56:44 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've been fixing some issues with the way kamd calculates scores from
usage stats.

summa summarum: it picks up things rather quickly now to add them to
the recommendations list

issue: before today, only strigi indexed files were added to the
recommendations. I've removed that limitation so that the web pages
and other things can be here as well.

The first idea was to put a white-list of types to show, but the
problem is that web pages (currently) don't receive any type in
nepomuk - that is - the web browser doesn't set them.

There are three solutions for this:
1. Leave it as is, potentially leading to showing strange items in
recommendations (like before)
2. Alter the browser to create a nepomuk resource for every visited page
3. Alter the browser to create nepomuk resource only for the things it
thinks are important

>From my pov,
Lets test 1 (today's commit to contour)
If it starts showing strange things, do the 2, and later 3.

Just as a note - 2 and 3 would be beneficial even in the case of 1.
(showing site icon and title instead of just an url in recomms)

--

There is only one thing left to test - whether the items that have a
lower score than the things already linked to an activity (and thus

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard