Possibility of bachelor/diploma thesises

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 15:28:04 UTC 2011

Hi,
I talked already to Sebas about it two days ago - and he routed me
here.

We (as Red Hat Czech) are working closely with a few universities in
Brno to bring more people to open source development, for me it's
also a nice way how to get more KDE stuff done in RH as you know, we
are the other desktop company :( Sebas already had one student, other
interesting stuff has been done so...

The thing is - students are quite interested in touch based UX work,
so it makes sense to send them to you, not starting another project,
that would be just two semester waste. Also KDE world is student
friendly.

What are the requirements - any task, more GSoC amount of work, for
diploma thesis there should be also something more "research" like
(hint, hint Nepomuk etc.). Could be core Active/Contour stuff, it
could be Active app, anything.

Any ideas here?

Btw. we are finally working on packaging Active One stuff for Fedora,
woohoo!

Jaroslav