components components components

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:10:01 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 November 2011, Marco Martin wrote:

> Hi all,
> so.
> now the components are more or less finished.

as a title of experiment i have:
* alternative files in kde-
runtime/plasma/declarativeimports/plasmacomponents/platformcomponents/touch
* cmake installs everything both in:
 $prefix/lib/kde4/imports/ and
 $prefix/lib/kde4/platformimports/touch

now, what should happen is applications are supposed to read from ~/.plasmarc
Plasma-components-platform group to discover what series of components they
have to use. error prone, but it can be done in libkdeclarative.

then, they can do
QStringList importPaths = KGlobal::dirs()->findDirs("lib", "kde4/imports");
importPaths << KGlobal::dirs()->findDirs("lib", "kde4/platformimports/touch");
foreach (const QString &iPath, importPaths) {
        engine()->addImportPath(iPath);
 }
(this can be done in libkdeclarative as well)

and then the touch specific will "win" against the ones in imports

i also tought about just having an object that can tell at runtime if we have
a mouse or touch (so enable/disable mouseover effects) that would cover some
cases, but not all.

we will probably want to have both in the end (if we want to support hotplug
of a mouse in a nifty way) but i think something will still be quite different
enough bot aestetically or functionally (for instance i do *not* want to have
the Window component for instance in the plasma desktop components)

ok for everybody if i go forward that path and merge? comments?