little change in plasma themes (lineedits)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:36:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

here is a little glimpse of the updated theme:
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/11/05/plasma-desktopbf3704.png

that as we said a while ago, is almost the same modulo some changes/updates.

one thing that can be noted is the text area has a different focus glow effect
(mouseover would go away but a focus indicator is still needed)
the one used before, a glow outside (used in the desktop as well) didn't look
good, for the reason it simply has wrong shadows, if the glow is on the
outside, the hole effect should go away from the textbox.
this way instead is how oxygen does, and looks way cleaner.

there is a little problem: the lineedit widget (the old qgraphicswidget) can't
have this behavior: the glow was done by a widget with the
QGraphicsItem::ItemStacksBehindParent flag, so can't draw over the hole
rectangle.

what i would like is to add a new hint like "hint-focus-over-base" in the svg
theme so that it can draw over the background, while being retrocompatible
with all old themes, but would mean adding this to kdelibs 4.7, even if it's
almost an oneliner.

an alternative is to make it supported only by the new qml components since
anyways we would like to migrate away from the qgraphicswidgets, but i would
like to make this change on the desktop as well, since it looks dramatically
better ;)