RFC: delete icon on activity thumbnail on every activity (except current active one)

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Thu Nov 3 18:16:03 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag 03 November 2011, 17.50:09 schrieb Fania Bremmer:
> ** Proposed Change **
> Show the delete icon of activity thumbnail on every activity in the
> wheel (except currentty active activity)
>
> ** Reason For Change **
> Currently only the activity thumbnail in the middle gets the delete
> icon. Before any activity thumbnails showed the delete icon; in my
> opinion this was easier to understand, if searching for a delete
> function. Now the possibility when to delete is very limited. We should
> only exclude the currently open activity because of refresh problems.
>
> ** Implementation Details **
> - show it on every thumbnail exept for the currently open activity

I think it makes sense that only the active activity has a delete button
because of:
- if you want to delete an activity you see what you are going to delete a
last time (although it's one step more to delete: 1. choose activity, 2. then
push delete button
- the activity wheel atm makes it possible to work with the thumb and thus be
unprecise in tapping an activity. With a delete button an each of the
activities in the wheel you need to be more precise.

Just my 2 Rappen
Mario