RFC: Lockscreen

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Nov 2 19:23:27 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 01 November 2011 15:08:22 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> Am 27.10.2011 18:02, schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
> > On Thursday 27 October 2011 17:31:08 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> >> ** Proposed Change **
> >> Provide the feature to actively lock the screen.
> >> Provide the feature to actively disable the sceen lock.
> >>
> >> ** Reason For Change **
> >> First need in daily use. Second needed in demo mode at a fair, where its
> >> not nice to see only the screenlook after 1 min.
> >
> > This will be solved by the screenlocker work I have to finish for 4.8...
> >
> > Cheers
> > Martin
>
> So you are in charge of developing the disable and actively enabling
> feature as well?
Well no, that's just configuration when the new system is available. All these
features already exist in desktop and they should start to work when active
uses the desktop screenlocker framework
> I suppose those features will be found in our new
> system settings and also in the top bar in the "battery options", no?
no idea :-)
> When do you plan those things, or is there already something to test?
my plan was to have it in 4.8 but there was a possible security constraint and
I have to redesign. I hope to do this work this weekend to get it into 4.8
(feature freeze next Thursday). How that can be moved into active I'm not sure
as I understood it will be based on 4.7.

Cheers
Martin