GLES sources?

Arjen Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:31:05 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 11:35:39 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I find suitable source code for OpenGL-ES? I'm trying to build
> kde- workspace using it, but need opengl-es packages first. I've strolled
> around the web for it, but it's entirely unclear to me what tarball exactly
> I want, and where to get it.
>
> Thanks for any hint :)

There is not really a single codebase for GLES, since it is only an API
specification. Mesa is usually the best source to look through in regards to
finding out about OpenGL stuff, since it is - as far as I know - the only open
source GL implementation.

For OpenGLES they apparently generate the code from the existing OpenGL
sources, as
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/SConscript#n338
would indicate. I think your best bet for a GLES package would be to take the
Mesa specfile and modify it to build mesa with the GLES options on.

- Arjen