Contour Design Concept - Activity Switcher

Fania Jöck fania.joeck at basyskom.de
Fri Jun 17 10:56:59 CEST 2011

Hi,
>> or the stashed could just be semi transparent, filtering would just be done
>> by name
> But the stashing is an implementation detail, which should not be known to the
> user. She doesn't care if an unused activity is active or stashed...

Yes, think so too , they should have the same appeareance like "normal"
activities. So what about the stashed activities now? Are they displayed
in the activity wheel-switcher or not? If we would list them as well,
but farer to the end of the ordering, this  would definitly cause
performance issues after using contour for years, I think. So we can
decide to list all used activities ("used" has to be defined in this
case by Ivan) in the activity switcher. Here the user has the option to
tap on the activity overview icon, see here:
http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/Contour_Activity_Switcher.jpg
In the activity overview grid all activities are listed, also the
stashed ones, see
http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/Contour_Activity_Overview.jpg. I
think that view is also good for a quick search for older activities,
deleting them or duplicating them. For me its like an edit view of all
my activities saved on the system, the wheel is more the quick activitiy
change view.

Is that a suitable solution for everyone?

Greetings,
Fania