resources, plasmoids and hacks

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:52:19 CEST 2011

On Thursday 09 June 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > or they could just all be plasmoids, just needed to have one that
> > contains an arbitrary list of resources (remains to be seen how those
> > are created)
>
> if they are created differently from "normal" widgets, i'd be suspect as to
> mixing the two concepts too freely. it really is the interaction, not the
> implementation detail of "are they all subcasses of Applet" that matters.

yup, that is a good point.

what concerns me is the possibility to have both anyways, since from an user
pov seems just an implementation details having to choose between the two.

i am now experimenting with free positioning of the resource boxes with
something similar to the grid desktop.
i think that's needed anyways, we'll see if it will work good enough if could
be worty to use it instead of the applet strip to position applets as well or
not.