A user experience professional at your service

Fania Jöck fania.joeck at basyskom.de
Wed Jun 8 13:55:44 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

>> So now I'd like to join the team as an interaction designer (not a visual
>> designer though, I'm not particularly trained on that) and User-Centered
>> Design expert.
You are very welcome! We are currently different teams that are working
on Plasma Active: some concentrate on  the Plasma technology underneath,
that handles UI parts like window switching, theming, widgets etc (Sebas
has more information on this for sure...). Another team concentrates on
Contour, that is the part about activities and recommendations and its
representation on the screen. I think the recommendations are the
trickiest part here, because thats something new to the user. So ideas
and different approaches would be a favor ;)

>> I could e.g. do UI mockups or interaction flows, review designs and give
>> suggestions as well as help with User-Centered Design efforts like user
>> requirements or usability tests.
As said before, reviewing design would be great. I will send out my
ideas about the UID in this mailinglist and feedback is very welcome -
the last Email has been about the "life of an activity" and handled
different subjects on the activity screen.
Flowcharts would be a good possibility as well - what tool do you use
for that? We are currently working with yEd, not ideal though... Right
now we define the different screen types and wireframes, so you could
start with a first draft of the interaction flow right now, if you want
to. What further informations do you need to get started?

Greetings,
Fania