A user experience professional at your service

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Jun 1 21:05:12 CEST 2011

Hi,
my name is Thomas Pfeiffer and I am working in the User Experience field both
in my job and within KDE (see http://de.linkedin.com/in/thomaspfeifferux ).
In KDE I have been working with the Amarok and Calligra team as well as on KDE
HIG and UI Patterns.
When sebas introduced Plasma Active at the KDE UX Sprint in April, I was quite
excited about it primarily for two reasons:
1. The team seems to take the User Experience and User Interface design very
seriously, which is great
2. Doing interaction design on modern devices like tablets and smartphones is
really interesting because it allows to do exctiting new stuff apart from the
usual desktop experience

So now I'd like to join the team as an interaction designer (not a visual
designer though, I'm not particularly trained on that) and User-Centered
Design expert.
I could e.g. do UI mockups or interaction flows, review designs and give
suggestions as well as help with User-Centered Design efforts like user
requirements or usability tests.

I must add that I'm usually not on IRC very often so it might help to arrange
certain time-slots when many team members are usually online and available for
discussion so that I can try to be online then.

I'd be glad if I could help you in your interesting effort!

Regards,
Thomas