theme, transparency and highlighting

Fania Jöck fania.joeck at basyskom.de
Thu Jul 21 11:34:43 CEST 2011

> Brings up the point that we need a set of suitable wallpapers for Plasma
> Active. If the user chooses a wallpaper with bad contrast, fair enough, that's
> his problem. The default should support legibility and shininess (in that
> order) though.
>
> I find HorosGreen to work pretty well, btw.
Actually, I thought it might be really nice, if the user can set a
wallpaper himself with any image stored on the device. I mean, it makes
sense with hundreds of activities, that will be stored in a life time
and that are linked to special events or tasks of the user, that he'd
like to put an image as background, that is somehow related. This makes
it also easier to find it in the activity switcher. At least that was my
feeling: I am always searching for the thumbnail image instead of the
title in the wheel, because this is just quicker to find.

Is it possible to offer every image stored on the device as a possible
wallpaper?

Bringing up big ideas and lots of work :)
Fania