By now Plasma Contour Live Images are runable on VirtualBox

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 21:58:24 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 15:20:42 Maurice de la Ferte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our Plasma Contour live images are now runable on VirtualBox.
> Please see http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Contour/Download for
> more details.
Short word of caution as the wiki mentions to tick in 3D Acceleration:
I have so far failed to get KWin working with OpenGL in VirtualBox, so I assume if compositing is
working it is only the fallback to XRender. Unfortunately there is no way to see whether KWin
uses the XRender fallback or OpenGL[1] The KWin active build flags in master disable XRender
based compositing.

I wanted to test it out, but the image is failing for me in the same way as I think it's failing for Ivan.

Cheers
Martin Gräßlin

KWin Maintainer

[1] except knowing exactly what to look for in the debug output.